Monday 26 September 2011

Traditional Search is dead ?! Search 2.0 is the next generation search? What is the special of Barcode Search

     Wao! Do you feel surprise about the title? Why traditional search (Google, Yahoo, Bing...) is dead? Maybe you will ask me this question. In fact, this was not my own opinion. Mr. Nicholas Scalice said that words on his personal blog. He is a student and 24 years old. He said, "Wanna know a secret? Traditional search is dead...typing text into a blank box and clicking "search" or "I'm Feeling Lucky is slowly giving way to a new kind of search...." If you interested with what he said, you may pay a visit to Mr. Nicholas Scalice's blog.
     Right now, I am sharing my own opinion related to "Traditional search is dead?" and the third generation search- Search 2.0. Technologies that are define Web 2.0 and going to shape the way we live. There are some new forms of searching which is Audio search, Image-recognition search, Location-based search, Social search, Barcode search, and Suggestive search. You will not wonder how amazing are they before you try to use, explore them. I am pretty sure they are "awesome" because I just try the way they search.
     It was "crazy" ! How smart are they? Lets say, the smart phone with Android O/S or iOS, they provide the "Redlaser" . The barcode search, whenever users looking for any information, they no need to type in the keywords but just need to scan the barcode. For an example, Michelle is decide to buy a Computer printer at the PC fair, she need some information for it, what should she do? Yes. I think you can guess what I mean. Michelle just need to scan the barcode on the box, then the result will be prepared for she. How is the growth of technologies? It was amazing. BarcodeZilla is also a barcode search engine, but it enable users to search by keywords too. When I type in "printer", the search result will shown together with the barcode. While I copy the barcode, paste and search again, I will still get the same result.
The QR codes (2D barcode)
     If you get to know more about what is the QD codes? You may refer to Search Engine Watch (SEW),  they explain what is QR codes, their functions, how they work, and briefly explain QR code are not only the 2D codes. For those who interested in Search 2.0, please pay a visit to our blog. It will be updated every single week. By next week, I am going to talk about another form of searching. Do you interested with it? I hope you are. Also, vote for the poll wodget, give us some opinion. I get to know how is our blog. Lastly, thanks to Nicholas Scalice for allowing me to share his personal homepage's information.

REFERENCES:
Nicholas Scalice, The Future of Search Engines, Bloggers, [docx.Online], Retrieved on 2nd October 2010
     URL: http://nicholasscalice.com/

Angie Scothttmuller, Top 14 things Marketer Need to know about QR Codes, Search Engine Watch, [docx.Online] , Retrieved on 26th April 2011.
     URL: http://searchenginewatch.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment